Each month, The McCahill Group’s founder and president Peaches McCahill puts together a list of 10 recommendations for the month. These simple yet powerful lifestyle suggestions are featured in Woman’s Lifestyle magazine monthly. The secret to lasting wellness is to focus on small steps as a means to accomplishing greater goals, both in health and in life. The October edition of “10 things for October” sets you up to does just that. Don’t wait for the New Year to get started on your well-being goals, get a jump-start this month by following these 10 suggestions for October.
- Set realistic deadlines. Try not to over-schedule yourself! Putting too much on your plate can create unnecessary stress
- Savor the beauty of the season. Take a walk outside, schedule a color tour, breath the crisp fall air, create a healthy snack—something packed with nutrients to share at a tailgate or kid’s sporting event—set the trend!
- Start your Christmas shopping.
- Move your exercise inside. Try something new, a TRX class, POUND, or a new circuit.
- Celebrate Halloween. When else is it acceptable to be something you are not—or perhaps something that you are!
- Embrace the many benefits of the pumpkin. High in Vitamin A and beta carotene, potassium, pie, muffins and seeds, may even assist in lowering cholesterol and is excellent for facials.
- Update for fall fashion. Look for prints, asymmetrical hemlines, black and white still rules and layer, layer, layer.
- Plant some bulbs. Prepare now for the beauty of the spring.
- Become aware of your body language. Do you cross your arms over your chest when you don’t agree?
- Support pink power. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Self-breast examinations are a must!
“I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than to be crowded on a velvet cushion”
Henry David Thoreau